Beaumont fire and police responded to a residential gas leak Wednesday, Aug. 21, that caught some businesses on Concord off guard.
Workers widening Concord Road near Dowlen hit a 2-inch residential gas pipe around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, and police evacuated a number of businesses in the area as a precaution.
As the leak hissed its disapproval, officer Neil Morales said crews widening Concord have hit water, gas and electric infrastructure.
Luckily, Wednesday’s leak isn’t a big one.
“I think they’re just about done,” he said.
About an hour later, at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, crews had shut off the broken gas line and businesses were allowed to reopen.