Firefighters responded to yet another structure fire in Beaumont on Monday.
Beaumont Fire Rescue units were dispatched to a report of a structure fire in the 300 block of E. Threadneedle St. at 10:22 p.m. on Jan. 27. Units arrived to find fire showing from the attic of the dwelling. Three occupants of the home were able to escape without injury prior to arrival of fire units. Firefighters were able to contain the fire damage to the attic area, however other parts of the house sustained water damage. Upon speaking with the occupants they relayed they started smelling smoke several minutes before they were made aware of the fire by a neighbor.
The cause of the fire appears to be from an electrical problem in the attic. Red Cross was contacted and is assisting the family.