Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire reported at 990 Church St. on Friday, Feb. 7. When firefighters arrived, they found the kitchen of the home on fire. The occupants were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived. The fire was quickly extinguished and confined to the kitchen area. The fire was caused by a pot of wax heating on the stove and left unattended. Red Cross was called to assist the family.
Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to an apartment fire at 2825 S. 12th St. on Saturday, Feb 1. When firefighters arrived they found the kitchen of one apartment on fire. The fire was quickly extinguished and caused only moderate damage. The family was able escape without injury.