Beaumont firefighters battled a contained blaze that resulted from a cooking mishap at an apartment in Beaumont on March 3.
According to a news release from the Beaumont Fire Department, just before 7:30 p.m., Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a fire in an apartment complex located at 3565 Delaware. When firefighters arrived, they found the kitchen of one apartment engulfed in flames. The fire was confined to the kitchen of the single apartment and was quickly extinguished.
There were no injuries. Red Cross was called to assist the one occupant. The fire was reportedly caused by a pot on the stove.