On Friday, Dec. 28, 2012, shortly after 7:30 a.m., Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to 3210 N. Willowood Lane when a tree fell onto a house and caused a small fire. The occupant of the home was able to escape without injury. The tree pulled down the electrical service to the house and caused an electrical short that burned some wiring in the house. The fire was out when firefighters arrived. The natural gas line to the house was also damaged, causing a gas leak. Several limbs penetrated the roof of the house as well.