Apartment fire on Phelan Boulevard sends one to hospital

Apartment fire on Phelan Boulevard sends one to hospital

On March 10, about 5:40 a.m, Beaumont Fire and Rescue responded to an apartment fire at 4410 Phelan Boulevard, Beaumont Fire and Rescue Capt. Brad Penisson reported.

When firefighters arrived, one apartment was fully involved by flames. Heavy smoke conditions caused surrounding apartments to be evacuated as firefighters worked to control the fire.

The occupants of the burned apartment were not at home at the time of the fire. One occupant of an apartment above the fire was transported by Beaumont EMS to Christus hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire was caused by a pot left on the stove. Red Cross was called to assist several occupants.

- Beaumont Fire and Rescue

shadow