Beaumont apartment fire

Beaumont apartment fire

Beaumont firefighters battled an apartment fire, extinguishing the blaze before it could spread to other apartments at 4905 Wyatt St. on May 3.

According to Beaumont Fire-Rescue Capt. Brad Penisson, firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire at the apartments just before 6:00 a.m. on Tuesday. When firefighters arrived, there was heavy smoke billowing from one apartment. Firefighters were able to make a quick attack and confine the fire to one room of the affected apartment, Penisson reported.

The occupant of the apartment was not at home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries. Several nearby residents were evacuated for about an hour while the fire was controlled and the smoke cleared. They were then allowed to return to their apartments.

The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical short. The Red Cross was called to assist the occupant displaced by the fire.

shadow