Beaumont Country Club evacuation caused by gas leak lifted

Beaumont Fire and Rescue

Update: At approximately 1:15 PM, Centerpoint Energy was able to stop the natural gas leak on Pine Street near the Beaumont Country Club. The evacuation of the country club has been lifted.

Oct. 2, at approximately 10:56 a.m., Beaumont Fire Rescue received a report of a natural gas leak in the 5300 block of Pine Street, adjacent to the Beaumont Country Club. According to a press release, when firefighters arrived they found that a City of Beaumont crew from the water department had accidentally cut a two inch natural gas line.

As a precaution, the Beaumont Country Club was evacuated. There was ten staff people present at the time that was evacuated. Access to Collier’s Ferry Park area is also blocked at this time.

Centerpoint Energy was notified and has a crew enroute.

shadow