Beaumont firefighters douse growing grease fire; occupants escape safely

Cable St. fire - courtesy of Beaumont Fire Rescue

Beaumont firefighters extinguished a rapidly expanding house fire at a residence in the 2200 block of Cable Street on the morning of Feb. 19, Beaumont Fire-Rescue reports, after two adult occupants escaped the blaze without injury. 

According to a news release from Beaumont Fire-Rescue, firefighters responded to the structure fire shortly after 9:30 a.m. Upon their arrival, they found heavy smoke billowing from the front of the house from a fire in the kitchen area. Firefighters were able to make a quick attack and contain the fire damage to the kitchen and dining rooms with only heat and smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Investigators report the fire was the result by a pot of grease burning on the stove.

Red Cross was called to assist the family.

shadow