Beaumont house fire displaces local family

Beaumont house fire displaces local family

A fire at a Beaumont residence has displaced a local family and left them searching for their lost pets, reports the Beaumont Fire-Rescue.

According to a news release from Captain Jimmy Blanchard, fire units responded to a report of smoke coming from a house in the 2200 block of Neches Street at about 1 p.m. Dec. 19.

The first arriving units quickly made entry into the house and were able to confine the fire to the attic area of the home, Blanchard reports. The occupants had left the home approximately 30 minutes prior to the fire being discovered. There are two family pets not accounted for, stated Blanchard in the release. They are believed to have escaped when the fire department made entry.

There were no injuries related to the fire, and the Red Cross is assisting the displaced family. 

shadow