Child burned by hot water

child and boiling water on stove illustration

Just before 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 4, a call was received reporting a child had been burned at 8110 Quail Hollow. Beaumont Fire Rescue, Beaumont EMS and Beaumont Police units responded. When they arrived, they found that a 2-year-old child had knocked a pot of boiling water off the stove and suffered severe burns to his chest and both arms. Air Rescue was called to the scene. Beaumont EMS treated the child while Beaumont firefighters set up a landing zone in a vacant lot nearby. Beaumont Police officers were investigating the circumstances of the injury. Treatment of the child was turned over to the Air Rescue medics when they arrived. Air Rescue was transporting the child to UTMB in Galveston.

shadow