Child using lighter causes home fire

Child using lighter causes home fire

After battling a blaze Thursday evening, the Beaumont Fire Department says the cause of the fire was a child playing with a lighter. Around 6 p.m. Sept. 29, firefighters responded to a residence fire on Broadway and found the two-story home engulfed in flames upon their arrival. 

Extra fire units were called to the scene to assist with extinguishing the flames and BFD personnel remained on scene until after 9 that night working to put out hot spots that could have sparked back up and caused further damage. Substantial damage was caused, and was attributed to a child using a lighter in a closet.

The residents were able to get out the house without injury.

shadow

Comments

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.