Dryer fire at Luby's

Dryer fire at Luby's

At approximately 11:37 a.m., Friday, December 11, 2015, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to multiple calls reporting a fire at Luby’s Restaurant, located at 2695 I-10 E.

According to Captain Brad Penisson, when firefighters arrived, they found a load of towels on fire in a dryer. Employees and customers were able to evacuate the restaurant before firefighters were on the scene. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and confined the fire damage to the dryer. However, smoke had filled the kitchen, and the restaurant was closed, pending an inspection and clearance by the city health department. One employee had attempted to extinguish the fire and was overcome by smoke. He was treated by Beaumont EMS and transported to Christus Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

shadow