Fire contained at Cheddar's

Fire contained at Cheddar's

At approximately 8:43 p.m. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a reported fire at Cheddar’s Restaurant, 3815 IH 10 S.

According to Captain Brad Penisson, when firefighters arrived, they found a small fire on the roof of the restaurant and smoke inside the building. Customers and employees were able to evacuate without injury before firefighters arrived. It appears a light fixture shorted and caused a small fire on a section of the roof. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and confined it, but the fire forced smoke into the dining area. The restaurant was closed for the rest of the evening but should be able to open on Wednesday.

shadow