Fire on Falcon in Beaumont
Firefighters in Beaumont responded to a structure fire in the 5900 block of Falcon Lane in Beaumont shortly after 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 15.
According to a news release from the Beaumont Fire Department, when fire rescue units arrived at the scene of the reported blaze, they found smoke coming from the roof vents. Upon entering the house, firefighters found fire in the attic. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and kept the damage confined to a small area of the attic. The fire appears to have been caused by the central heat and a/c unit. The homeowner was able to escape without injury, BFD reports.