Firefighter injured while battling West End blaze

Attic fire on Eloise Street

At least one firefighter was injured after a home at 3935 Eloise St. in Beaumont caught fire Friday, March 1. 

Firefighters arrived at the West End home about 10:14 a.m. to find the attic ablaze. The fire was quickly contained, but the home sustained major damage to the roof and attic, as well as water damage to some rooms of the house, according to a press release. 

“Nobody was at home,” said the owner of the home, who refused to be identified. “It was actually the neighbors that called.” 

The fire displaced the man and three other family members and might have been caused by an electrical short, according to the press release. 

One firefighter sustained a knee injury while fighting the blaze and was taken to Baptist Hospital for treatment. 

No other injuries were reported.