Firefighters quickly quench kitchen fire at Beaumont home

Firefighters quickly quench kitchen fire at Beaumont home

Firefighters in Beaumont quickly quenched a fire resulting from the burner of a stove being left on at a local residence June 19, Beaumont Fire-Rescue Capt. Brad Penisson reports.

According to Penisson, units responded to a structure fire reported at 5530 Midford at about 6:45 p.m. The occupant of the residence reported the fire after returning home and discovering smoke billowing from the house. When firefighters arrived, they made a quick attack and confined the fire to the kitchen of the home.

The fire appears to have started on the stove, said Penisson, caused by a burner accidentally left on. No one was injured, and the Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner.

shadow