Flash flood warning
Streets in Beaumont have become inundated, with flooding affecting many places in Southeast Texas and the lakes. TxDOT has issued advisories about the following areas that are receiving flooding:
- Candlestick next to McDonalds on US96 in Lumberton
- FM1745 @ Russell Creek and @ Billiums Creek in Chester
- FM 770 between Batson and Hull in several locations
- US 69 NB Lucas Exit Ramp in front of Home Depot & US 69 frontage roads in both directions from Delaware to SH 105 in Beaumont
- FM1293 from Kountze High School for about 1 mile
- Main Street (FM 105) underpass @ IH-10 in Vidor.
- Water over road at Main (105) in front of WalMart in Vidor
- Water over road at Asher Turnaround @ IH-10 in Vidor
- SH 326 near FM 770 at Cypress Creek
- SH 105 & SH 326 in Sour Lake
- SH 105 at Pinewood
- FM 787 Jackson Loop to Phelps Rd
- FM 92 & FM 418
- South bound, right lane of SH-124 from FM-1406 to LeBlanc Road in Winnie
- FM421 in Lumberton near the park
In addition, Lamar University Police Department's Emergency Notification System issued the following notification regarding flooding near the campus:
- All Frontage road on IH-10 are flooding
- MLK southbound under E. Lavaca
- Lamar University parking lots and surrounding streets experiencing flooding are:
- East Lavaca between Jimmy Simmons and MLK is flooded
- East Virginia at Redbird Lane
- MLK Southbound at E. Lavaca
- Jim Gilligan at Jimmy Simmons intersection barricaded
- Lot G-3 flooded
The National Weather Service issued the following flash flood warning earlier this morning, Oct. 31:
- Flash flood warning for... southeastern Hardin County in Southeast Texas... southeastern Jasper County in Southeast Texas... this includes the cities of...Evadale...Buna... northwestern Jefferson County in Southeast Texas... this includes the cities of...Nome...Hampshire...Beaumont... western Orange County in Southeast Texas... this includes the cities of...Vidor...Mauriceville... until 1130 a.m. CDT
- At 8:31 a.m. CDT...national weather service doppler radar indicated flash flooding from a thunderstorm over the warned area.
- Locations in the warning include but are not limited to Weiss bluff...Lakeview...Rose City...Pine Forest...Beaumont...Gist and Bevil Oaks
- Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 4 inches are possible in the warned area.
- Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams ... highways and underpasses. Additionally ... country roads and farmlands along the banks of creeks ... streams and other low lying areas are subject to flooding.
- Very heavy rain will lead to flooding in urban areas and people should avoid poorly drained roadways and underpasses.
In addition, the National Weather Service has also issued a Flash Flood Watch for Jefferson and Orange counties until 7 p.m.
Also, according to TxDOT, at approximately 9:43 a.m., an 18-wheeler jackknifed on the Rainbow Bridge in Bridge City. The bridge was closed for over 2 hours, but has since reopened, according to a Port Arthur Police Department press release.