House catches fire in downtown Beaumont

House catches fire in downtown Beaumont

On March 27, shortly after 8:00 PM, Beaumont Fire and Rescue units responded to a structure fire in the 1100 block of Ewing Street, Captain Brad Penisson reported.

When firefighters arrived, they found a front room of the home heavily involved by fire. Three adults and one child were in the home at the time of the fire and were able to escape the home without injury before firefighters arrived.

Firefighters made a quick attack and were able to contain the fire to one room, though there was extensive smoke and heat damage. The fire appears to have started by a cigarette catching a bed on fire.

Red Cross is assisting the occupants, a mother, age 90, and her daughter, age 62.

- Beaumont Fire and Rescue

shadow