House fire on Harriet in Beaumont

House fire on Harriet

Beaumont Fire-Rescue units quickly doused an accidental house fire on Harriet Street Oct. 6, reports the fire department.

According to a news release from Beaumont Fire-Rescue, units responded to the 600 block of Harriet Street in Beaumont at 1:42 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke showing from a residence. Firefighters made a quick attack and confined the fire to the kitchen area of the home. No one was home at the time of the fire, and no firefighters were injured.

According to the fire department, the fire appears to have originated on the stove and has been determined to be accidental. The occupants of the home were later located and Red Cross was notified to assist them.

shadow