Monday morning fire in Beaumont
Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to an early morning fire just before 5:30 a.m. on Monday, May 19, that appears to have begun in the kitchen of the residence and spread to the attic, according to investigators.
The Beaumont Fire Department reports units responded to a reported structure fire in the 3600 block of West Lynwood Drive. When firefighters arrived, they found the attic of the home on fire. The homeowner and his daughter were home at the time of the fire and were able to escape without injury.
Investigators determined the blaze was the result of a grease fire on the stove that had been extinguished by the homeowner but, unbeknownst to him, had spread to the attic of the residence causing heavy damage there.