Natural gas leak on El Paso controlled
Sunday, Dec. 23, about noon, a Beaumont Fire Department new release reported that Centerpoint Energy workers had gained control of the natural gas leak in the 4300 block of El Paso street. Just before 9 a.m. that morning, a city of Beaumont crew hit a natural gas line, causing a leak. Beaumomt Fire Rescue responded and monitored air quality in the area and stood by while Centerpoint Energy worked to stop the leak. Local residents were allowed to shelter in their homes.