Neighborhood assisted living facility catches fire

Neighborhood assisted living facility catches fire

On March 23, just after 7:00 p.m., Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire in the 460 block of Jay Street, Capt. Brad Penisson reported. 

When firefighters arrived, they found the rear of the home on fire. The home was operated as an assisted living facility with two patients. The provider was able to evacuate the two residents without injury while the sprinkler system activated and kept the flames out of the house.

The fire originated on the back porch and appears to have been caused by an electrical short. The two elderly residents were transported to Christus Hospital by Beaumont EMS to be checked as a precaution.

- Beaumont Fire and Rescue

shadow