New Year’s Eve fire injures one

New Year’s Eve fire injures one

A fire in Beaumont on New Year's Eve injured a 62-year-old man, leaving him with burns over approximately 15 percent of his body, Beaumont Fire and Rescue reports.

According to a news release, at approximately 1:45 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2014, Beaumont Fire/Rescue and Beaumont EMS units responded to a call of a burn victim in the 1200 block of Condon Street. When units arrived, they found a resident there with burns about the face and left arm. The victim was reportedly using gasoline in an attempt to light a barbecue pit when his clothes ignited. The victim was able to extinguish the fire himself and then sought help. Family members called 911. Beaumont EMS treated the man on the scene and then met Air Rescue at a nearby school yard.

Air Rescue flew the victim to U.T.M.B. Hospital in Galveston for further treatment. The victim reportedly suffered first- and second-degree burns as a result of the incident.

 

 

 

 

shadow