No injuries in fire at Beaumont Bolt & Gasket

No injuries in fire at Beaumont Bolt & Gasket

Shortly after 7 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25, 2015, a caller to 911 reported flames showing from the roof of Beaumont Bolt & Gasket, located at 1040 Fannin. According to Beaumont Fire Rescue Captain Brad Penisson, when Beaumont firefighters arrived there were flames and smoke visible from the roof.

Firefighters used a ladder to gain access to the fire from the roof. They also forced entry into the building, where they found several pallets of products on fire as well. The fire was quickly extinguished and damage was kept to a minimum.

It appears the fire originated on the roof and was caused by roofing work. Burning material from the roof fire dropped onto pallets below, catching them on fire. There were no injuries reported.

shadow