Passerby alerts family to late night fire

Passerby alerts family to late night fire

Shortly after 2 a.m., Wednesday, December 9, 2015, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire at 1842 Washington Blvd.

According to Captain Brad Penisson, when firefighters arrived, they found a residence with flames coming from one window. The occupants, one adult and four children, were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived. Firefighters were able to make a quick attack and confine the fire to one bedroom with some damage to the attic. There was smoke damage throughout the house. The occupants reported they were alerted to the fire by a passerby. The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical short in a wall.

There were no injuries to firefighters. 

shadow