Phelan Blvd. fire destroys garage

Phelan Blvd. fire destroys garage

At approximately 7:26 p.m., Monday, December 14, 2015, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a reported structure fire at 8575 Phelan Blvd.

According to Captain Brad Penisson, the first firefighters arrived within three and a half minutes and found a detached garage fully involved by flames. The rear of the house was also beginning to burn. The occupants of the home were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived. Firefighters were able to stop the fire before it got into the home, but the garage was entirely destroyed. The fire appears to have been caused by an electrical short in the garage.

 

shadow