Tourism Week highlights Beaumont area attractions
The Beaumont Convention and Visitors Bureau, in collaboration with the U.S. Travel Association, will celebrate National Travel & Tourism Week May 4-12.
“Travel supports 14.6 million jobs across the nation, including over 3,000 right here in Beaumont,” said Dean Conwell, executive director for the Beaumont CVB. “We have a full week of activities planned to let our elected officials and local citizens know about the positive effect travel has on Beaumont’s economy and people.”
The local CVB has released an itinerary of daily activities so that everyone can join in the fun and excitement of National Tourism Week. For complete details, visit www.beaumontcvb.com/ntw.
• Monday, May 6: 1:30 p.m., Jefferson County Commissioner’s Court Proclamation.
• Tuesday, May 7: All day, National Wear Red Day; 10 a.m. – noon, “Masters of Hospitality” Beaumont Bowl & Travel Rally, where customer service partners are invited to enjoy a morning of fun at Crossroads Bowling Center in a competition-free environment while celebrating the outstanding service shown to visitors everyday.
• Wednesday, May 8: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m, Beaumont Destination Training, allowing the community to board a motor coach for a complimentary tour of Beaumont.
• Thursday, May 9: All day, Discover Beaumont Day with free or discounted admission to Beaumont area museums and attractions.
• Friday, May 10: 1-4 p.m., Traveler Appreciation Day & Regional Visitors Guide Launch with entertainment and information about area museums, attractions, nature activities and more.
For more information about any of the events going on throughout National Travel & Tourism Week, contact Stephanie Molina at the Beaumont Convention and Visitors Bureau at (409) 880-3170 direct, or (800) 392-4401 toll free.
According the local CVB, travel and tourism is a $287.1 million industry for Beaumont, providing more than 3,059 jobs. The CVB tracked 79,008 convention delegates, which brought a direct economic impact of more than $22.3 million in 2012. The Beaumont CVB Sales Team worked with 132 organizations to service 166 events.