Trial date issued in child sex assault

Colton Shane Guillory

A young man accused of sexually assaulting a five-year-old girl is asking for a jury trial to decide his guilt or innocence.

Colton Shane Guillory, 17, of Groves was indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury Aug. 29 for aggravated sexual assault of a child.

According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by The Examiner, the victim’s family called police May 28, 2011, and told them Guillory had molested their child May 2, 2011, at a Groves home on Friar Tuck Street. Guillory had been living at the Groves home with another family member at the time.

The victim was interviewed by a forensic specialist at the Garth House on June 1, 2011, where the youngster described her ordeal in detail to police on video tape. According to the probable cause affidavit, the young victim described inappropriate sexual positions and touching of Guillory’s genitals.

In a later interview with police, Guillory said he was babysitting the youngster on the night in question. He told police he was using the bathroom when the youngster came in and attempted to grab his genitals, but he pushed the child away, according to the affidavit.

Guilllory posted an $80,000 bond Aug. 16 and has appeared in court several times since.

Guillory’s trial is set to begin Feb. 24 in Judge John Stevens’ Criminal District Court.

shadow

Comments

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.