Two displaced by structure fire in old town

Two displaced by structure fire in old town

A structure fire at 2394 Angelina Street in Beaumont was reported by a passerby at 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday, October 6, 2015.

According to a press release, when firefighters with the Beaumont Fire Department arrived, smoke was billowing from the roof vents of a garage apartment. Upon entering the upstairs apartment, firefighters noticed the fire was coming from the attic. The flames were quickly extinguished and damage was confined to the area just above the bathroom.

The fire appears to have been caused by a ventilation fan in the ceiling of the bathroom. Two of the apartments were occupied, and occupants were able to escape without injury. Red Cross was called to assist the two occupants displaced by the fire.

There are no more details at this time.

shadow