Three people suffered burns when a structure fire erupted at 1212 Royal on Monday, June 24, in Beaumont. Their home is a total loss.
According to Beaumont Fire Department officials, the fire started some time after 5 p.m. Monday. By the time it was extinguished, a father, mother and son barely made it out alive before the fire engulfed the brick home.
“I started smelling it in here,” said Cecil Pickens, who lives next door and is related to the family whose home was destroyed. “So I ran over there to make sure everybody got out.”