The News

990 Church St., Beaumont

Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire reported at 990 Church St. on Friday, Feb. 7. When firefighters arrived, they found the kitchen of the home on fire. The occupants were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived. The fire was quickly extinguished and confined to the kitchen area. The fire was caused by a pot of wax heating on the stove and left unattended. Red Cross was called to assist the family.

shadow
Douglas Jackson

Take a walk through the newly renovated Oak Grove Nursing Home in Port Arthur and one immediately notices the colorful and beautiful paintings that line the walls.

shadow
Levell Manuel (center) and family

Long-time Orange resident Levell Manuel is turning 90 on Saturday, Feb. 8, and she is celebrating with the entire city of Orange after Mayor Jimmy Sims and the Orange City Council declared her birthday to be Mrs. Manuel Day in the city.

shadow
Terry Wuenschell

Jefferson County commissioners approved the appointment of Terry Wuenschell as interim tax assessor collector (TAC

shadow
Patricia Lambert

While Beaumont Independent School District employees have been told that assistant superintendent for secondary schools Patricia Adams Collins Lambert is missing workdays due to a hurt arm, rumblings around the district water cooler claim that Lambert’s health is not the real reason she has been missing in action.

shadow