Fire

Apartment fire at 5230 S MLK Parkway (Facebook.com)

Just before 7 p.m. Saturday, April 23, 2016, Beaumont Fire Rescue firefighters responded to 5230 S. MLK Parkway for a reported structure fire. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke conditions and a fire on the patio of a first floor apartment. Firefighters made a quick attack and were able to confine the fire to the patio area with no interior fire damage.

shadow

Beaumont Fire Rescue firefighters responded to a structure fire at the Humane Center of Southeast Texas, 2050 Spindletop Road, on March 15 at 8:43 p.m. after a nearby resident saw flames coming from the building. When firefighters arrived, flames were visible and there was heavy smoke coming from the building.

shadow
Cable St. fire - courtesy of Beaumont Fire Rescue

Beaumont firefighters extinguished a rapidly expanding house fire at a residence in the 2200 block of Cable Street on the morning of Feb. 19, Beaumont Fire-Rescue reports, after two adult occupants escaped the blaze without injury. 

shadow

A young woman and her 4-year-old nephew narrowly escaped a blaze that engulfed a pickup truck and a gas pump at the Valero gas station on Main Street in Vidor Feb. 15, reports the Orange County Fire Department.

shadow
DPS

Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Trooper Stephanie Davis reports one man was injured in a rollover accident this afternoon, Feb. 4.

According to a news release, DPS received a report of a one-vehicle rollover on Highway 73 just west of Taylor’s Bayou at about 12:30 p.m. The initial report stated that the vehicle was on fire.

shadow
A fire that originated at 5425 Spencer also damaged 5435 Spencer.

At 5:45 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 10, 2016, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire reported at 5425 Spencer. When firefighters arrived, they found two houses on fire, 5425 and 5435 Spencer. The home at 5425 Spencer was heavily involved by fire and 5435 Spencer was burning on one side. Both families were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived.

The fire originated at 5425 Spencer and appears to have been caused by an electrical problem. The house at 5425 Spencer was extensively damaged by the fire. Red Cross was called to assist both families.

shadow

At approximately 8:43 p.m. on Tuesday, December 29, 2015, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a reported fire at Cheddar’s Restaurant, 3815 IH 10 S.

shadow

Two structure fires just minutes and blocks apart kept Beaumont firefighters busy this morning, Wednesday, December 16, 2015.

shadow
Sheriff Mitchel Newman

Jasper County Sheriff Mitchel Newman reports a Jasper County resident died in a fire at his mobile home Dec. 13.

shadow

At approximately 7:26 p.m., Monday, December 14, 2015, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a reported structure fire at 8575

shadow