Fire

On Monday, August 14, just after 6:30 a.m., Beaumont Fire-Rescue responded to the 5000 block of Maddox Drive due to reports of a house on fire, Capt. Jimmy Blanchard said in a release.

shadow
Beaumont Fire-Rescue photo

Tuesday, Aug. 8, around 8 p.m., firefighters were sent to the 550 block of Highland Drive for an apartment fire. When firefighters arrived they found a six-unit apartment building with heavy flames coming from an upstairs unit.

The initial crews on seen were concentrating on attacking the fire and helping the occupants out of the building. The fire was contained to one unit, but three units received damage from smoke and water.

The occupants all escaped the building without injury.

shadow

On Saturday, August 5, shortly after 5:00 a.m., Beaumont Fire-Rescue firefighters responded to a structure fire reported at 3557 Grand Avenue with occupants still in the house, Beaumont Fire-Rescue Capt. Brad Penisson said in a release.

shadow

As of 8:30 the morning of Tuesday, July 25, the Port Arthur Fire Department terminated the emergency incident at German Pellets. This incident has been ongoing since April 15, and PAFD has had personnel on-site 24/7. The remaining silo temperatures are in the normal range and cleanup of the site continues. PAFD will continue to attend daily meetings and monitor the site until the remaining silos are empty. This incident is one of the longest in PAFD history lasting 102 days.

shadow

A silo that has been smoldering for months at German Pellets in Port Arthur collapsed in the early morning hours of June 4, city of Port Arthur spokesperson Risa Carpenter stated in a news release.

shadow

At approximately 7:19 p.m. on April 28, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire at 2070 Oakland. When firefighters arrived, they found the structure fully involved by flames. Firefighters made a defensive attack and were able to bring the fire under control within 30 minutes. The building appears to have been vacant with no utilities connected. The fire appears to be deliberate, and the building is a total loss.

shadow

Update: McDonald's reopened at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 4, supervisor Rodrigo Ramirez said. 

- - - - - - - - - - 

shadow

Firefighters in Beaumont battled two blazes basically back-to-back Sunday evening, Jan. 8, reports Beaumont Fire-Rescue Capt. Brad Penisson.

shadow

A fire at a Beaumont residence has displaced a local family and left them searching for their lost pets, reports the Beaumont Fire-Rescue.

According to a news release from Captain Jimmy Blanchard, fire units responded to a report of smoke coming from a house in the 2200 block of Neches Street at about 1 p.m. Dec. 19.

shadow

A Nederland house caught fire on Thursday, Dec. 15, near the intersection of Detroit Avenue and Gage Avenue.

"We received a call at 9:12 this morning, we were here within five minutes," Nederland assistant fire chief Terry Morton said. Upon arrival, he said the crew observed "heavy fire showing out of the front side of the house, through the front window."

shadow