At 5:45 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 10, 2016, Beaumont Fire Rescue units responded to a structure fire reported at 5425 Spencer. When firefighters arrived, they found two houses on fire, 5425 and 5435 Spencer. The home at 5425 Spencer was heavily involved by fire and 5435 Spencer was burning on one side. Both families were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived.
The fire originated at 5425 Spencer and appears to have been caused by an electrical problem. The house at 5425 Spencer was extensively damaged by the fire. Red Cross was called to assist both families.